Available for Blackberry, Android, Kindle Fire HD, Windows 8 Mobile OS and iOS mobile platforms
- Staff version enables the academic to create quiz questions you can create Multiple Choice, True/False, and Short Answer questions.
- As from 21st April 2013 the teacher can upload images (but need to remember students viewing on mobile devices (keep small)) to be used in quiz questions
- As from 21st April free text answers can be assessed as correct or incorrect against an entered library of possible answers (ideally two or three) that are correct, but note free text is subject to student's spelling ability still.
- Student version enables the students to respond to the questions and view the answers. Note the students should be encouraged prior to class to download the student version of the app to their device.
- Students had sufficient devices collectively laptops, phones and tablets lend to other so everyone had access to the quiz.
- Highlighted weaknesses in student knowledge in one particular area enabled us academics to explain further the need to strength their knowledge in this area.
- The students also particular liked the bar graph plot of student responses, help them appreciate where all their knowledge collectively was strong and where they had weaknesses they were not alone.
- The space race encouraged them to respond quickly, but speed may create errors.
“[class verbal interaction verse Socrative app class quiz] don’t mind getting it wrong on the computer [app]”
“[don’t mind collective class results being shown in class] If you don’t show your answers, how do you know you got it right”
"The students like it as they are able to respond anonymously which saves embarrassment. I get feedback regarding how well the class understands the material"